Discuss cordless angle grinder in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

finlay

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

just wondering if anyone uses a cordless angle grinder if so which one and also how long does the battery last .I was thinking of getting one some of our contracts have no power and lugging a genny around just for a couple of cuts seems hard work cheers bob

D

DHTiling

My corded Dewalt grinder just died yesterday... only had a few cuts to go in limestone.. ffs...

Just bought another today.. :)

S

Spud

i have the makita li ion cordless and thought it was pretty good until i worked with a tiler who had the dewalt cordless grinder ,his out shone mine in terms of battery life and torque so i would see if you can get a good deal on the dewalt, he also had a gadget which could charge his dewalt batteries from the cigarette lighter in his van while he drove to work the only advantage with mine was the batteries charge in 18 minutes but dont last that long when cutting in my opinion

A

Aston

i havent got a cordless grinder but if i did i would get the makita 18v lion as per gary the tiler..
cant go wrong with makita, very reliable and been bang on for decades now.

S

Scott

Anyone tried the Milwaukee? O looked at one last year but it was hellishly expensive IMO

Anyone looked into this zapping old batteries to revive them? My brickie was telling me he has done all his old 18v dewalt batteris and they are fine

S

simmy08

I have a Ryobi grinder with the 2x lithium batteries. Excellent tool for repair works or when you only have a few cuts etc. The batteries dont last too long but long enough for ceramic work with limited cuts. I also have the ryobi drill which take the same batteries. Very happy with them indeed. Had both for well over 2 years now used most weeks.The grinder has worked great with a metal cutting blade for doing metal guttering.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i have the makita li ion cordless and thought it was pretty good until i worked with a tiler who had the dewalt cordless grinder ,his out shone mine in terms of battery life and torque so i would see if you can get a good deal on the dewalt, he also had a gadget which could charge his dewalt batteries from the cigarette lighter in his van while he drove to work the only advantage with mine was the batteries charge in 18 minutes but dont last that long when cutting in my opinion

Makita do one too Gary
Makita DC18SE Li-Ion 18V IN CAR Battery Charger DC18RA | eBay UK

M

MTiler

Ive got a Makita LXT 18v Lithium cordless grinder. Its great, lasts a fair while and recharges very quickly. I mainly bought it for site work cutting mosaics. Not cheap, but well worth it.

cheers
missyT

G

Gall.B

Anyone tried the Milwaukee? O looked at one last year but it was hellishly expensive IMO

Anyone looked into this zapping old batteries to revive them? My brickie was telling me he has done all his old 18v dewalt batteris and they are fine

What does zapping the batteries mean? I have a Bosch cordless grinder really handy, been after the dewalt for a while now as the rest of my cordless tools are dewalt, one of the batteries has gone on me Bosch might be an excuse to get the dewalt now

G

Gazzer

What does zapping the batteries mean? I have a Bosch cordless grinder really handy, been after the dewalt for a while now as the rest of my cordless tools are dewalt, one of the batteries has gone on me Bosch might be an excuse to get the dewalt now
[video=youtube;_x6fTVjxV5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6fTVjxV5Y[/video]

G

Gall.B

Saved me a few quid there Sir :thumbsup:

Just need to be carefull not to get battery acid on my nice clean Dewalt trousers now :lol:

Reply to cordless angle grinder in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks