Discuss Contractor installing 24x24 hexagonal tile on wall spot dabbing in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently gotten a contractor to do my washroom and he was installing tiles today, from what i've observed he has spot dabbed tiles onto the wall, I asked him if its fine and he said that the kerdi membrane behind the wall will not allow any water past it, the reason he's doing spot dabbing is due to the wall being extremely un even, as the house is 40+ years old. The floor base he did with kerdi membrane, then thin set and now he has added the mosaic tiles properly with a notched trowel and back buttered floor. My only concern is that will the wall tiles stay? could there be a chance that they fall off or even worse I get water damage behind the tiles and wall? please let me know, thanks.

P.S as far as I know he is not using the premix stuff only the bags of schluter all set cement.

Reaction score
:)
Hello all,

I've recently gotten a contractor to do my washroom and he was installing tiles today, from what i've observed he has spot dabbed tiles onto the wall, I asked him if its fine and he said that the kerdi membrane behind the wall will not allow any water past it, the reason he's doing spot dabbing is due to the wall being extremely un even, as the house is 40+ years old. The floor base he did with kerdi membrane, then thin set and now he has added the mosaic tiles properly with a notched trowel and back buttered floor. My only concern is that will the wall tiles stay? could there be a chance that they fall off or even worse I get water damage behind the tiles and wall? please let me know, thanks.

P.S as far as I know he is not using the premix stuff only the bags of schluter all set cement.
Never spot fix under any circumstances!

Reaction score
:)

Never spot fix under any circumstances!
I repaired a 600x300 tile in a shower where the grout had fallen away and the tile had a crack through it. Turns out the "tiler" had spot fixed each corner and nowhere else!! not even one in the middle!! ...And these guys keep getting work

Reply to Contractor installing 24x24 hexagonal tile on wall spot dabbing in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks