Discuss Considerations when working with Travertine in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

leeroberts636

I have just had that exact problem. All I had to do was look at it and in crumled worse than the french army! Mind you when it was filled and laid it looks the nuts!

H

hillhead

I'v been using the Tenax lately myself and find it great, fills holes, sticks stone like nothing else and with the hardener it sets real quick ie. 3 mins etc.
Brilliant stuff.
Well said Alberta.

H

hutchinsons

well.. i have just finished an en-suite with travertine and all i can say is..glad its done!!....
all you had to do was look at it and it fell apart.
i love natural stone but i wish people would ask for help before they buy it.

fantastic post though.. cheers
:thumbsup:

F

FloorSlip

Maybe you should add to your post - Travertine is beautiful looking but very dangerous when wet causing major slip injuries - Regards, Mark - FloorSlip.co.uk

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Maybe you should add to your post - Travertine is beautiful looking but very dangerous when wet causing major slip injuries - Regards, Mark - FloorSlip.co.uk
maby not as slippery if it's honed? yesturday i was taking polish off of tassos marble, had to make honed finish as i will be tiling balcony. started with grid 60 down to 120 and finished with 220.

F

FloorSlip

maby not as slippery if it's honed? yesturday i was taking polish off of tassos marble, had to make honed finish as i will be tiling balcony. started with grid 60 down to 120 and finished with 220.

Hi - Thanks for answer - We've conducted multiple experiments using shot blasting on Travertine and Terrazzo and not just roughing up. I'm sorry to report that even with the coarsest of grades that the slip resistance when wet still could not meet the legal slip resistance value requirement of 36 and if we tried to achieve 36 then the tiles were destroyed. However, if you wish to send us a tile then we would be happy to Pendulum Test the tile for you (No charge) to determine what Pendulum Test Value is achieved - Regards, Mark (info at floorslip .co .uk) 07735 570404

T

Topshop

Travertine or any natural stone tile is not that slippery as long as you don't put any topicals on it.

I have (2) stone bathroom floors in my home one being polished absolute black granite and the other jarusalem gold limestone honed to 1800 diamonds. Neither of those are ever slippery. They have only been sealed with a penetrating sealer(Stonetech bulletproofer) - no topicals and when cleaned they are only dust mopped so nothing is sitting on top of the stone. If anything gets on the stone we spot clean with water and a cloth or Tenax Lustro Italiano cleaner.

Keep your stone clean without anything that will build up and they will not be slippery.

Reply to Considerations when working with Travertine in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks