Discuss Condensation on inside of van roof. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

How do yo guys cope with condensation on the inside of your van roof... some days mine is dripping all over... :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

It's not that bad in mine but I have my 6mm ply walls insulated with expanding foam. My ceiling is still bare other than some pipe, conduit & loads of bungee cords

Last edited by a moderator:
F

foggy34

mines soaking most mornings yet to board and insulate yet tho,hoping it would help

B

Bubblecraft

Ill be sticking up Space Blanket when I get around to doing mine. As I said, I don't really have a problem in my van but my sounds are exposed. My tools are well covered.

You could always fit a Flettner to the roof

D

DHTiling

Ill be sticking up Space Blanket when I get around to doing mine. As I said, I don't really have a problem in my van but my sounds are exposed. My tools are well covered.

You could always fit a Flettner to the roof

A what .?

B

Bubblecraft

A what .?

A wind driven air vent. Loads of different types & sizes out there.
ytysu5eb.jpg

D

DHTiling

I did think about an air vent ... i only have this issue at this time of the year..

B

Bubblecraft

I had it bad in my Mk5 & Mk6. I've never had an air vent fitted but they are meant to be great.

1) To extract fumes or stale air from vehicles (for driver and passenger comfort and for health and safety reasons). This applies especially to vehicles carrying gas cylinders, inflammable liquids or chemicals.

2) To minimise condensation within vehicles. This applies especially to situations where vehicles are frequently stationary or where wet overalls and equipment have to be stored in the vehicle. The installation of the ventilators in this case significantly reduces the damage to equipment and the deterioration of the vehicle's interior through water build up and mould.

3) To reduce the temperature of vehicles during summer time for operator comfort and for the protection of equipment or perishable goods. (The daytime interior temperature of unventilated vans even in temperate latitudes during the summer months is typically 100ºF in the sunshine or higher still whenever the van is stationary).

D

DHTiling

With my transit being met black , the heat inside the back on a summers day is mental ... inside the cab as well...

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I get condensation in my X-trail too. Got to make sure that the washboy & sponges are not kept in the car overnight. I was thinking about scattering loads of those silica gel bags around the car, but have not got round to doing it yet.

F

Fliselege

Used to get that in my car a lot, and cos it's -degrees here a lot it freezes, have to scrape the windows on the inside, rather annoying, till I got tipped off by a mate to turn heaters off and open windows last 5 mins of journey to let inside of car get to same temp as outside, prob solved, just freeze my nuts off for those last 5 mins. Wish i could park safely right outside my house and leave windows open while I sink my first beer inside the house...

Reply to Condensation on inside of van roof. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks