Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Concrete sub floor, how to create fall? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
The customer I'm doing an extension for wants a wheelchair access wet room.
It's close to the outside wall and foul drain and there is a doorway there at present that will be bricked up so I have fairly good access to cut the concrete for the waste and drain. The only thing I'm worried about is getting fall on the concrete floor?

S

Spare Tool

...or make your own
wp_ss_20181004_0001.png

OP
Slippery
Reaction score
I might’ve misunderstood what you are doing.

You’ve a concrete floor- Impey do a kit for concrete floors. Impey Aqua grade or something.
Its not a new concrete floor, it's tiled at present. I'm wodering if I could cut hte existing tiles back to the subfloor and then overtile/self level the whole area to lose the 20mm

B

Bill

Its not a new concrete floor, it's tiled at present. I'm wodering if I could cut hte existing tiles back to the subfloor and then overtile/self level the whole area to lose the 20mm
Height restraints need to be specified for a definitive answer from the many knowledgeable folks on here.

If no probs with height, then I would chop off tiles and create my own falls in a sand and cement screed like it has been done for centuries.

If there is a problem with height, I would rip up the subfloor 'til I could create a decent fall with sand and cement screed like it has been done for centuries.

S

Spare Tool

Only problems with S&C Tom is the drying times, build my falls out of rapid set..yes it costs more but I don't have to wait going on a month to tile em

S

Spare Tool

Are those just timber battens ripped down to a fall?
Do you remove these when dry and infil or just leave them in?
They are, get them done at my local woodyard, just leave them in, they ain't going anywhere, if you really wanted to you could tank over them...

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have worked on a few conversions for local councils and they always specified AKW Medicare formers, they are stronger and are made specifically for wheelchair access situations, might be worth a look at what they offer.

Reply to Concrete sub floor, how to create fall? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock