Discuss combi,drill driver or impact. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rich83

Right for sake of costs and space I would like to know which would be best ,I'm aware it would be good to have two of these but would little impact drill be ok...easier to manage,and they seem to have good torque. Cheers in advance, considering tool investment in near future,and just want advising on you're opinions ,cheers....its supposed to say combi,predictive strikes again

I

Ian

Impact drivers are only good for screwing, if you want an all rounder, get a combi drill.

I

Ian

Afraid you'd say that.are they OK for boarding walls.floors,

Spot on for boarding walls/floors but, if you only want one to do all drilling and screwing you'll need a combi drill. They have torque settings on them anyway so you don't pull screws through plasterboards.

I

Ian

So you use impact,have you also got combi. And if so how often is combi needed

I have a pair, impact driver and a combi drill. Very handy when fitting 12mm Hardibackers to stud walls as they (IMO) need piloting before screwing, I have a 4mm bit in the combi and then use the impactor to screw them up.

R

rich83

Looks good price,seen On s-fix,a 18v combi & impact (dewalt)1.5 batteries for 240. Way to much choice,in no rush so I'll keep eye on deals.cheers for reply.

Reaction score
qu2y9u5u.jpg

I have these:
One for hole drilling
One for general stuff
Impact for stud walls etc
And also have a small screwdriver for sockets

Reply to combi,drill driver or impact. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks