Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Coloured Cement Tile Installation Issue - Advice Wanted in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
I am hoping for some professional insight to a recent installation.
We laid client supplied matt coloured cement tiles on a exterior terrace. The tiles being laid on a Schluter Dita drain terrace build up. After a week or so the terrace is still to be fully grouted but the tiles after sealing with a FILA product are changing colour, have a stippled effect on them and generally do not look like the original tiled finish at all. When wet with rainwater they start to return to the original colour, which makes us think possible the sealer has reacted with them in some way. We'd really appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks,Ross

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2783.jpeg

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the replay ! - Yes, I think they would have been left open to rain showers after laying and sealing. One section has been grouted since laying, but there hasn't been any difference in those tiles now.
The plan was to grout the rest of them soon.

Reply to Coloured Cement Tile Installation Issue - Advice Wanted in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock