Discuss Cleaning hardened Grout off tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MarkFlewin

Hi Guys,

I have made a dogs breakfast of a section of my outdoor tiling. I was finishing the grouting using the Dulux outdoor grout and it started raining so I decided to cover the area and clean the tiles before I go to bed but forgot.

Whats the best way to get the grout of the tiles. I have heard of acid and vinegar.

Whats the simpliest way if there is one.

Thanks,
Mark

G

Gazzer

Never heard of that grout. you can get many grout residue cleaners but you may need something more by the sound of it.

M

MarkFlewin

Thanks Sir Ramic,

It's Dunlop Colored Grout sold in Australia.

Looks like a lot of scrubbing to do.

Mark

P

Paul8472

Hi, I made my first attempt at tiling yesterday and doesn't look too great, don't get me wrong, could've been a lot worse but I always like better. The guy in Homebase said to spread the grout over and leave for a couple of hours and then just wipe off the excess! This is not as easy as it seems however! The grout was dry and now has patches all over the tiles. I've used travatine mosaic tile sheets. Does anybody have any good ideas please? I've soaked the floor, used scotchbrite pads and scrubbed for two hours. Any better ideas, the grout is now 24 hours old. Thank you in advance.

A

ALAN MILNE

I have used both the Lithofin and Hg products to remove grout residue. Both have a wide range of products suitable for most jobs. The last one i used was Lithofins Wax-off on a job a previous tiler had left grout on the surface of the tile (the tiles were a nightmare like sand paper). First try it on a spare tile to make sure its not too strong and ruins the tile and if its alright i sponged it onto the surface and let it soak in for ten minutes before scrubbing with a scotch pad. After srubbing for a while it looked pretty clean so i then washed a couple of times and let it dry. On this particular job when it dried there was still small patches of grout so i repeated the same steps again and it came up spotless.

Cheers

Reaction score
cement_grout_remover1.jpg give this a try

Reply to Cleaning hardened Grout off tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks