Discuss cleaning dusty vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

A

AndY mac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Give it a blast with wd40 comes up nice and shiny removes all the white dust that might of got into the little pits of the vinyl. I do this on some textured tiles if I just can't get them clean.

S

Spare Tool

Give it a blast with wd40 comes up nice and shiny removes all the white dust that might of got into the little pits of the vinyl. I do this on some textured tiles if I just can't get them clean.
Sounds a bit slippery...mind you might not be a bad thing!! ;)

A

AndY mac

Give it a buff after doe sent dry slippy.

L

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Reactions
615 1
I would test a specific vinyl cleaner with water marking as its main remover, this may also cut a waterery misting from old grout off the wash boy if that is the case, probably white vin based. oils wd40 may look good for a few weeks but general household cleaners may cut this back and go patchy as it will only be in the surface pores of the vinyl. could be an unwanted call again

L

lmkitchens

Wd40, pulls plasterand grout out of textures. They can mop down after and it washes it away.

L

lmkitchens

Just seen bobs reply, we use when Plasterer's get it on wood grain pvc frames and work tops and seems to work.

Reply to cleaning dusty vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.