Discuss cleaning dusty vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

S

Spare Tool

....no not 12inch vinyl :)
So just had a customer I did a splash back for last week text me her cushion vinyl floor in her kitchen is all dusty since I left, she's mopped it repeatedly and looks ok till it dries then still looks dusty.
I did sheet the floor up but to be fair my dust sheet was already a bit dusty and when I left I gave floor a once over with the washboy..anybody any idea what I could advise her to clean it with?

Last edited by a moderator:
LEE MAC

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
13,503 37
It's not dust that's the problem, once you've cleaned it it's clean, dust isn't that hard to remove. She's either chancing her arm with you for a replacement or it's only now she's realised that's it's knackerd and needs replacing.

O

Old Mod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like your gonna have to revisit mate and take a look. See if you can spot high traffic ares and compare to where she's claiming you stained her floor. If you washed it everywhere then it'd the same everywhere wouldn't it?
Praps she's gonna hit you for a cheaply tiled floor, and she's trying to make you feel guilty first! Haha

S

Spare Tool

Ok so ill post her texts and see what you boys think, she hadn't been moved in the house long and I'm presuming the previous owner put it down to sell the house..
Unfortunately I have no pics of the job or the floor but it was quite a thick soft vinyl, like fake wood looking planks on it..wp_ss_20161015_0001.png wp_ss_20161015_0002.png

LEE MAC

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
13,503 37
That's a chancer, there is no floor easier to clean dust of than vinyl. What addy and grout did you use. If she keeps it up I'd go down and put a drop on the floor and clean it off in front of her. Then use a hot air gun or hair drier to dry it off, give it a polish to prove that it's not you fault.

S

Spare Tool

That's a chancer, there is no floor easier to clean dust of than vinyl. What addy and grout did you use. If she keeps it up I'd go down and put a drop on the floor and clean it off in front of her. Then use a hot air gun or hair drier to dry it off, give it a polish to prove that it's not you fault.
Used tilemaster gear, white ady, white grout to go with her fckin white metros, like I say though I did sheet up the floor in the middle but you know how it is..just thinking it might be going over it with washboy that's caused like a grout haze on it. Jezus theres always summet!!

O

Old Mod

Wouldn't fret too much mate, go see it first, and take pics.

LEE MAC

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
13,503 37
If that's all it is then a dry polish and a Hoover would be the quickest way of removing any dust

S

Spare Tool

If that's all it is then a dry polish and a Hoover would be the quickest way of removing any dust
Steam vac maybe...no? No grout removing chemicals on it presumably?

Chalker

Chalker

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
635 1
Dry dust off. Then flash floor cleaner. Rinse with clean water and buff dry.
She must be useless at cleaning! If she just keeps mopping with water. It won't go away.
I would go round and show her up.

J

J Sid

detergent, scrub with soft broom and then wet vac up

Reply to cleaning dusty vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.