Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cleaning Dust from Rough Matt Black Tiles? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I have bathroom floor to ceiling tiled in rough matt black tiles. Since it was done I have been trying to get rid of the dust reisdue (the bath aread is fine as with the constant running water has removed the last of the dust). Also unfortunately someone used a cotton cloth to clean and has left lint all over it.

Any advice on how to get this lint & dust removed would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Peter

OP
P

Pete-L

@MARBLE_TONY - thanks I'll take a look, just concerned that the swiffer will make the link worse that molt net spray doesnt work.

@Dave - Thedust is grout residue, sorry I forgot to say that. The lint is from trying to remove the grout residue.

OP
D

DHTiling

OK.. then you need to use a grout residue remover...

what tile shops do you have handy .?

OP
P

Pete-L

@Dave yes they are porcelain, I have different places, Topps etc so should be able to get something easily.

@Topshop - good idea I'll give this a crack and if it doesnt work go down the grout remover route.

Cheers guys :)

OP
M

MARBLE_TONY

A vacuum is not going to remove your grout haze problem. Your issue is Grout haze and not the lint remove the grout haze and the lint will go along with Haze.

OP
B

bugs183

Use the grout remover with a white emulsifying pad, Topps probably sell these. Cut it in half so that it goes further and you don't slosh water everywhere.
May take a few goes, as the grout residue can be hard to remove off porcelain.

Reply to Cleaning Dust from Rough Matt Black Tiles? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock