Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cleaner spilt bleach onto sealed travertine floor... left dull patch... How to repair? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
My kitchen has a travertine floor. When it was installed ~2 years back I sealed it with one of the sealants that soaks into the stone: I put many layers of this on. My cleaner has now spilt bleach onto it. This has left a dull patch of stone (see the dull shape in the attached photo).

Firstly, could this be damaged sealant rather than damaged stone? Could adding more sealant help or will that just make it harder to repair? How should we go about sealing it?

Secondly, how comes the sealant has not protected the floor from this happening? Would adding a surface sealant on top have helped?

Any suggestions would be really very much appreciated: the wife is not a happy bunny.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20200229-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200229-WA0002.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19

Reply to Cleaner spilt bleach onto sealed travertine floor... left dull patch... How to repair? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock