Discuss Chips pre-grout. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey again. All tiling done and just about to grout shower when I’ve noticed I’ve got 3 tiles with small chips on the edges. My immediate concern was the grout colour bleeding, I’m using natural grey 3000. But I’m now more concerned of the tiles absorbing water.
Can I out a simple sealer on there or glue to waterproof? I’m not too concerned about the look, my family was pretty excited about me finishing the bathroom tomorrow so I just want it done.
How would you guys/gals deal with it?

tiles - white metro
TM Grout 3000 natural grey.

Reaction score
Morning Andy.

Would love for it to be that easy, but I've no tiles remaining (I'm a novice!) and removing any tiles will remove the backer board, I've zero doubt!

I've looked at the Cramer products and may give them a go. Any experience using them?

Neither of the chips are especially noticeable, I just want them sealed properly.

What would you do if replacing wasn't an option?

Thanks man

Reply to Chips pre-grout. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks