Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cement board and redoing tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, 13 years ago I placed cement boards in the shower area on an old style shower tray. I have just removed all tiles and the cement boards with the 'rubberised' tanking has held up well - (more than I can say for the plasterboarded walls elsewhere in the bathroom. I intend to put a shower tray former in place, would it be ok to fill the bottom void (about 100mm) where the shower tray sat with marmox board of the same depth and then tape and give the whole area another lick of the waterproofing? I am hoping I don't have to remove what are good solid cement boards. Thanks for any help

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi all, 13 years ago I placed cement boards in the shower area on an old style shower tray. I have just removed all tiles and the cement boards with the 'rubberised' tanking has held up well - (more than I can say for the plasterboarded walls elsewhere in the bathroom. I intend to put a shower tray former in place, would it be ok to fill the bottom void (about 100mm) where the shower tray sat with marmox board of the same depth and then tape and give the whole area another lick of the waterproofing? I am hoping I don't have to remove what are good solid cement boards. Thanks for any help

1612116576036.jpg
1612116576036.jpg

Attachments

• 1612116576036.jpg
    1612116576036.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 4

Reply to Cement board and redoing tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock