Discuss Carpeting possibility in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

R

Richard yeo

Hi there,

Bit of a newbie, but we've just bought a house with UFH throughout. The ground floor is completely tiled, but in two rooms we want carpet.
Can we carpet over the tiles without any issues regarding the heating?
NB: I've selected water UFH as I had to select a prefix, but don't actually know yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

Rich

R

Richard yeo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent. Mega quick respone thanks.
Do I need special underlay etc, and will it block the heat partially? There are no radiators in house, only the UFH.

Cheers

Q

Qwerty

You need to check what type of ufh you have first, then find the lowest u-value underlay that also won't break down with heat. I've known it to be done a number of times and it's worked just fine.

This should help..... www.brintons.co.uk/underfloor-heating/

R

Richard yeo

Nice one, thanks for your help.

Much appreciated.

Rich.

S

Spacey

Best to put a smoothing compound over the the tiles first Makes it better to glue grippers to and also obviously smoooths out the grout lines. Cloud 9 radiance or simlar underlay should be used but also take into account the tog value of the carpet

Reply to Carpeting possibility in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.