Discuss Can you tile on routed water UFH? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Steven

TF
Reaction score
Morning all,

I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern. Around 80m of it is screed and the remaining 30m will be on a 12mm cement board, bringing an existing floor together with a new one. The cement board will be going down over 22mm floorboards in 3 layers to bring it up level with the screed. The floor will then be routed for a water UFH system to be installed. I have a few concerns about this and hoped some of you might be able to help?

1. Can I tile onto a routed UFH? A friend of mine had it done and the one thing I noticed is the floor is very hot as opposed to warm. Is this suitable for tiles? I planned to put SLC down to fill the voids, Ditra Mat and then tile. Would that be suitable?

2. Does the prep of the floor sound ok? I’m confident in the screed. I feel that 3 layers of cement board over 22mm ply is sufficient but I would just like opinions.

Thanks all for your time and hope you have a great weekend.

Attachments

• 08DD07E2-9024-457F-8EEA-9A5730150A0E.jpeg
    682 KB · Views: 8
  • 3AA7B636-9E13-4D06-83C5-E13762258651.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 8
  • EBC76241-BB2D-4FBF-A72E-DA7362FBDBC8.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 9

Andrew Owens

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I tiled one last year 35m2.
It was self leveled by the company which routed the UFH and I laid Ditra then tiled 600x600 porcelain.

Reply to Can you tile on routed water UFH? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks