Discuss Can you remove tiles from a former tray?? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’ve just joined the forum so hello to all.

Im hoping some kind people can give me some well needed advice...

I’m remodelling our en-suite at home and I’m building a wet room. I bought a ready moulded former tray for the shower from here :

It has a linear waste built in. The wife and I chose some tiles that are 660x330...
Anyway, The room is all tanked etc and I made all the tile cuts and dry fitted it and the wife liked it. I’ve then laid all the tiles for the floor including the former tray and my mrs now says she doesn’t like them!! So, today I’ve taken all the tiles up from the floor except the former tray.

My question is, if I removed the tiles from the former tray will it destroy the tray? It’s only made out of polystyrene with a rubber membrane for the mould. Is there a way to do it?

:)

J

J Sid

Hi and welcome, that's it blame the wife 🙄

If fixed correctly, no

When was the tiles fix? And what adhesive?

J

J Sid

Shouldn't come of without damage.
If the wife is convinced she can't live with them, then try to remove them but you should end up having to fit a new deck.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Even if you mange to remove the tiles you will be left removing the left over adhesive which will absolutely pull the cement coating off the tray

Reply to Can you remove tiles from a former tray?? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks