Discuss Can you put underfloor heating down on concrete floor once it has been screeded? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

billy_111

Hi,

I have had the floor screeded, and the base units are now in the kitchen (see below). The tiler who will be putting our tiles in said that we would not benefit from having underfloor heating as the heat would not reach the surface of the room, which i thought was a load of rubbish
photo.jpg

Anyway, I want to go for the underfloor heating but I'm not sure if you can lay down the floor and simply stick some adhesive on it and then the tiles? Would this not crack the tiles?

I was told that it would have needed to be screeded into the floor. Am i too late now?

Regards,
Billy

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi there,is the slc that has already been laid flexible?

also you could put down insulation boards this would beneft the system installation,and screed the heating mats again

you can go directly over it with adhesive yes but putting a screed on it will be a better job

S

Stewart

As Kilty... I would put insulation boards, heatmat, slc, decoupler them tile. Your tiler probably doesn't want the hassle of installing it.

Created on iPhone.....

Reply to Can you put underfloor heating down on concrete floor once it has been screeded? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks