UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Can Tilers and other Tradesmen go to Work During Coronavirus Pandemic? - Yes. in the COViD-19 / Coronavirus Community Help Forum area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,836 31
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Some government guidance regarding going to work during the weird times we're in.

4. Going to work
As set out in the section on staying at home, you can travel for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

With the exception of the organisations covered above in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.

Employers and employees should discuss their working arrangements, and employers should take every possible step to facilitate their employees working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working.

Sometimes this will not be possible, as not everyone can work from home. Certain jobs require people to travel to, from and for their work – for instance if they operate machinery, work in construction or manufacturing, or are delivering front line services.

If you cannot work from home then you can still travel for work purposes, provided you are not showing coronavirus symptoms and neither you nor any of your household are self-isolating. This is consistent with advice from the Chief Medical Officer.

Employers who have people in their offices or onsite should ensure that employees are able to follow Public Health England guidelines including, where possible, maintaining a 2 metre distance from others, and washing their hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds (or using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water is not available).

Work carried out in people’s homes, for example by tradespeople carrying out repairs and maintenance, can continue, provided that the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms. Again, it will be important to ensure that Public Health England guidelines, including maintaining a 2 metre distance from any household occupants, are followed to ensure everyone’s safety.

No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, and where the tradesperson is willing to do so. In such cases, Public Health England can provide advice to tradespeople and households.

No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.

As set out in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the Government has published guidance on which organisations are covered by this requirement. Advice for employees of these organisations on employment and financial support is available at gov.uk/coronavirus.

At all times, workers should follow the guidance on self-isolation if they or anyone in their household shows symptoms.

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Reactions
24,009 62
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
this thing is incomprehensible to me.
do you think people with symptoms stay at home?
this guide is the same as the first decree made in italy and
after 5 days they noticed that many people were on the street.
then they decided to close everything.
(only essential shops and factories remain open).
sorry, but you are making the same mistakes.
(Italy has made many mistakes, first not to understand
the diffusion speed)
but apart from china, there was no country
to compare the epidemic.
it seems that many nations do not want to do what Italy is doing NOW. NOW .
and then they are forced to do it.

when they understand that Italy has been a guinea pig for everyone
it will be late.
sorry, but I can't understand certain choices
made on people's skin.

finlay

TF
Arms
Reactions
1,754 2
I pulled my lads of all sites on last Monday and we are not working until I think it’s safe to go back to work ,we have jobs we can go on ,we have some big new houses with no one else working on but I feel the more people stay at home the better ,I realise not everyone can afford no to work but if you can you should stay at home .

CJ

TF
Arms
Reactions
437 1
Antonio , we still have muppets carrying on like there is nothing wrong, as well as the theory ar5es. 5g etc etc

Reactions
128 2
It says repairs and maintenance. That’s not tiling.
If someone’s heating has gone off or power in the house has gone off, then yes. Tiling someone’s floor or bathroom no.
Im a joiner, there is no need for me to be working in a occupied house.

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Reactions
24,009 62
even here it was like that,
then immediately afterwards, they ordered
3 days to close construction sites and work and secure all construction sites and stay all home.

Reactions
Morning chaps , sorry I haven’t been on the forum for a while . Thought I’d check in to see how other tilers are doing . I decided to stop all work last Tuesday after completing a big floor for a customer who was convinced there kitchen was being delivered and installed this week . Perhaps that is still happening?? They were the opposite side of the house the entire time I was working and just left me to it . I still felt like I shouldn’t have been there . Like a lot of you I had work booked in for the next few months so I emailed all my customers to say that Jobs will be postponed until this all blows over . Most of not all have been fully understanding . Hope all of yours have too. It might be a big kick in the balls financially , but hopefully this grant for the self employed will will filter through to us soon to get us through to the other side . I’m sure when all of this is over business will be busy as ever and we’ll get the chance to claw some funds back .
It still worries me when I see other tradesmen posting on social media of NON ESSENTIAL jobs they’ve done over the past few days , iv seen a decorator in my street still going out to work every morning .
My wife is a nurse in A&e and see and hear the effect all this is having. She’s been doing extra bank shifts to cover what Im losing which I’m forever greatful . So in the mean time I’m at STATING AT HOME with two boys trying to keep them occupied, educated and entertained whilst trying to keep my own sanity .
Sorry for the longwinded message .
HOPE YOU ALL KEEP WELL AND SAFE

GOOD LUCK 😉 🙂

Sean Kelly

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
645 1
I got a call from my customer last Monday 23rd. They cancelled the job 20mins before I was due to start. Fair enough I thought.
Just over a week later, the government say that it could be six months before the UK returns to normal.
Yesterday my customer texts me to say that his Wife can't wait 6 months so when can I start?

I am following the governments guidelines and staying at home. I will review the situation when the government reviews the situation in 2-3 weeks time. I gave him the choice of either getting another tiler or wait.

The customer still has washing facilities etc, but the plumber wants to get things moving!!!!!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reactions
437 1
I got a call from my customer last Monday 23rd. They cancelled the job 20mins before I was due to start. Fair enough I thought.
Just over a week later, the government say that it could be six months before the UK returns to normal.
Yesterday my customer texts me to say that his Wife can't wait 6 months so when can I start?

I am following the governments guidelines and staying at home. I will review the situation when the government reviews the situation in 2-3 weeks time. I gave him the choice of either getting another tiler or wait.

The customer still has washing facilities etc, but the plumber wants to get things moving!!!!!

Tell the fecking plumber to do it then. Selfish prick 😡

finlay

TF
Arms
Reactions
1,754 2
Typical plumber

Reply to Can Tilers and other Tradesmen go to Work During Coronavirus Pandemic? - Yes. in the COViD-19 / Coronavirus Community Help Forum area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.