Discuss Can this be fixed? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

We've recently had a new kitchen fitted and we feel the tiler has done a poor job. The quality and finish is bad and we feel it has ruined our new kitchen! He has already fixed a few problems but we are finding more every time we look at it. The general finish is rushed, bits have been missed, there are parts that are uneven and the tiler has also grouted in the box which we had built to hide our boiler pipes which was not attached to the wall and we need access too! He is planning to come round to 'fix' it on Monday, but I am worried he will make it worse. Is he actually going to be able to remove the grout on the boxing in without damaging it and making it look worse? Either side of the extractor fan is uneven, at least a cm out, if not more, he's already grouted it in - will he be able to remove it and re-tile without potentially damaging the surrounding area? We haven't paid him yet and he's coming to 'fix' it so he gets his payment, but I'm concerned that he's going to make it worse! I don't feel like we should have to pay in full for this kind of bad work? Is this fixable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_202241174.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20211011_192138713.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211011_191915738.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211011_192012929.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20211010_115033945.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20211010_115044120.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20211011_191925650.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 75

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It could be fixed but not by him. He clearly does not have an eye for details, poor craftsmanship. Period!
I would not give him a second chance, he messed up the tiling job, that tells you everything about the tiler . You need a real contractor that specializes in botched jobs and whatever the charges are, just take out of his pay.
Check out my web to have a better understanding of who you are dealing with.

Tile Marble Granite: Natural Stone Tiling & Repair - https://www.customtilemarblegranite.com/bad-tiling-jobs

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You have to give him a chance to put it right. Then if your still not happy tell him your going to get
someone else to put it right and take it out of his price. thats the best way in my opinion

Reply to Can this be fixed? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks