Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Can Kerakoll Fugalite Bio be used with quartz floor tiles? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

maz26

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have phoned the rep for Kerakoll who said we would need to test a small area of tile to make sure it did not stain. Unfortunately it is not possible to get a small sample of the grout to do this (and we have yet to take to delivery of the tiles), but I am wondering if anyone here has the definitive answer?
The leaflet for Fugalite Bio only says porcelain, natural stone and glass mosaic. If this grout is not suitable, is there a stainproof resin grout we can use instead? The tiles will be in a kitchen so needs to be stain proof

OP
T

Tile Shop

The grout will be fine. It shouldn't stain unless you are going for an evil colour like black or anthracite, but do the test area as advised and if in doubt put a temporary coat of LTP MPG or Bal Protective Sealer. Quartz although engineered is 90-95% natural stone. The rest is resin. Make sure you clean it off as you go. This is critical, because if you leave any on the face and it dries, the chemicals used to clean off dry epoxy (LTP Solvex or Mapei Pulicol 2000) will possibly have a not very nice effect on the tile's resin content and leave it etched or tarnished. You should be fine but don't get distracted :)

OP
M

maz26

Thanks for your quick reply. The grout is going to be blue with the tiles being white. In view of this should the sealer be applied first? (I am not a tiler).

OP
T

Tile Shop

A couple of coats of the MPG certainly won't do any harm. But even with the sealer, do the test.

Just when I though you couldn't get more evil than black and anthracite grouts, you come back and hit us with BLUE! :)

OP
M

maz26

Thanks again for this Paul. Assuming the tiler is gonna have a hissy fit too, and the Kerkoll idea is out the window, is there a stain proof grout you could recommend?

OP
T

Tile Shop

Not stain proof, but stain resistant, maybe something like the Mapei Ultracolour would be fine. But again, the pigments could stain so still need to take the necessary precautions, although it should be much easier to clean off as you are going.

OP
M

maz26

Thanks for your help Paul. The tiler has been round and he has never worked with Kerakoll grout before so has gone away to make some enquiries about it.
Just a quick question about the LTP MPG - you mention temporay coating - does it just wipe on/wipe off?

OP
T

Tile Shop

It was designed as an impregnating sealer for polished (M)arble (P)orcelain ang (G)ranite for which you would buff off the excess. But to use it as a temporary surface sealer, apply and dont buff it. Leave it to dry so it forms a film, grout, clean off excess grout, and rub the sealer with an emulsifying pad to take it of when done.

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have phoned the rep for Kerakoll who said we would need to test a small area of tile to make sure it did not stain. Unfortunately it is not possible to get a small sample of the grout to do this (and we have yet to take to delivery of the tiles), but I am wondering if anyone here has the definitive answer?
The leaflet for Fugalite Bio only says porcelain, natural stone and glass mosaic. If this grout is not suitable, is there a stainproof resin grout we can use instead? The tiles will be in a kitchen so needs to be stain proof

Hi I've used it with the glitter additive on white and black quartz tiles with no issues.

Reply to Can Kerakoll Fugalite Bio be used with quartz floor tiles? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock