Discuss Can I use silicon to seal grout? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
The grout in my shower is constantly needing mould & mildew treatment, and is generally looking tired. I am considering removing and replacing any damaged sections of grout, then applying silicone over all the grout lines to seal them. Is this ok to do? Very grateful for any advice.

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
The grout in my shower is constantly needing mould & mildew treatment, and is generally looking tired. I am considering removing and replacing any damaged sections of grout, then applying silicone over all the grout lines to seal them. Is this ok to do? Very grateful for any advice.
Hi, forget what your thinking with silicone, regrout the area of concern. Get yourself to a local tile shop and ask for a grout sealer, you spray it on after you grout and it protects it from staining etc, you'll need to apply it every so often especially as it's a shower area. Follow the instructions on the can/bottle.

Reaction score
Hi, forget what your thinking with silicone, regrout the area of concern. Get yourself to a local tile shop and ask for a grout sealer, you spray it on after you grout and it protects it from staining etc, you'll need to apply it every so often especially as it's a shower area. Follow the instructions on the can/bottle.
Thanks Paul. I’ll do that. Much appreciated.

Reply to Can I use silicon to seal grout? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks