Discuss Can i tile over existing wooden floors in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Al1985

Hi
Quick question if I may?

Can I tile 60x60 porcelain tiles over existing wooden floors in a takeaway shop the area is around 45sqm.
It has had a lot of wear and tear, there's gaps between the boards also

Thanks in advance

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Any further info on the wooden floor, Do you mean straight on to the floor boards, chipboard, plywood or flooring?

All of these need overboarding anyway but more information will help with a better answer :)

A

Al1985

The floors are wood floor boards. Could I spread ditra matting then just tilr on top perhaps?

D

Dumbo

The floors are wood floor boards. Could I spread ditra matting then just tilr on top perhaps?
Ditra do not recommend fixing over floor boards.
If the floor boards are that bad it would probably need replacing with sheet flooring anyway.
I've done takeaways before and they are often champagne taste beer budget.
If he is calling you his mate and can you do a deal just leave it , as you can expect a renegotiation on the price once it's finished .

A

Al1985

Thanks for the advice I'm beginning to think it's becoming a lot more complicated as it goes

Reply to Can i tile over existing wooden floors in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks