Discuss Can I recover from this unbelievable mistake in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I set my first row of tiles on a level batten measured the center of the room on a wall with a large range and metal splash back. I then tiled to the left and right of the splash back and down the sides. When I started the next day and stared tiling the second row I found the one of the tiles on the first row was not a full tile (9.9 cm instead of 10 cm). To remove all the tiles and start again was going to cause too much damage so I just cut the row 2 tile above the bad one to be the same length. You can hardly notice the "bad join" but I know it's there. Is there any way I can hide that bad "cut" join. I attach a drawing that may help explain what I mean. I know this is an absolute amateur mistake so any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tile problem.pdf
    95.2 KB · Views: 89

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Oh dear, if you take a photo with your phone if you can then up can attach it onto here using the box that says attach file.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

It just helps the members get more of an idea how to advise you best.

Reply to Can I recover from this unbelievable mistake in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks