Discuss Can anyone see anything wrong with the way builder left the gully in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Would really appreciate your feedback

1559887010966810954803.jpg

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Also the sub was done by a man with a wee trowel and sand cement so you can imagine how great the slope is

D

Dumbo

First impressions it doesn't look great but its tanked and maybe it is right but you really need to look up the geberit system and do some research . That membrane looks like it could be stuck better and maybe the drain height may need altering .

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
First impressions it doesn't look great but its tanked and maybe it is right but you really need to look up the geberit system and do some research . That membrane looks like it could be stuck better and maybe the drain height may need altering .
Membrane is not stuck yet but the drain is causing problems as is not centre

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its so frustrating when builders try to get involved , they always end up messing up things .
And then you get the same crap " my tiler dose it like this with no bother all the time "

D

Dumbo

I've done loads of drains that are not where I want them for one reason or another . Customers choice if it can be moved do they want the delay or you just tile it .

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've done loads of drains that are not where I want them for one reason or another . Customers choice if it can be moved do they want the delay or you just tile it .
Thanks for the reply jrctiling , its gonna be a great Friday

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not going to look pretty but its a bit late to alter it now surley would of been better use a different gully and cut the tiles to fall to it rather than use a linear type drain just my opinion . Kop

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would appear looking at it and the sequencing that the drain finishing unit is a interference fit, i.e that the wetbase and waterproof cloth patch do the work and the drain slides into a o-ring system, check this out to see. It is a strange type drain though. Ask the supplier for a square grate to improve the look. Personal choice but it just looks wrong from here. Back away its a trap spring to mind.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not going to look pretty but its a bit late to alter it now surley would of been better use a different gully and cut the tiles to fall to it rather than use a linear just my opinion . Kop
It would appear looking at it and the sequencing that the drain finishing unit is a interference fit, i.e that the wetbase and waterproof cloth patch do the work and the drain slides into a o-ring system, check this out to see. It is a strange type drain though. Ask the supplier for a square grate to improve the look. Personal choice but it just looks wrong from here. Back away its a trap spring to mind.
Its the most unusual and challenging piece of crap I've had to deal with in a long time.
Im actually bewildered as to how I can create perfect slope without enveloping all the tiles .
Is enveloping a word ?

O

Old Mod

You think you got problems? :D
And this is supposed to be for thin tile haha

405A6E56-A12F-4B14-8291-3904EEBE9291.jpeg AF191775-9B00-4C5C-A183-BA9563B2A417.jpeg 8EED48D8-66F0-4537-BDF6-BAE572201616.jpeg

And you can’t do your shower without envelope cuts.
Not possible.
Unless it’s mosaic, or gulley goes full width.

Reaction score
It'll be ok, you use waterproof adhesive and grout don't you?
I can do that, gis a job, ( probably too long ago for some to get)

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think this is what your working with its very unlikely you can swap for a grate type gully the problem you have is enveloping wont work very well if at all as you can see if you draw it out

Screenshot_20190608-045206_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190608-045457_Google.jpg

15599719237297509908390210892571.jpg

Reply to Can anyone see anything wrong with the way builder left the gully in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks