Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Can anyone recommend a decent tiling course in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

LisaB

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning.
I'm new to this whole page & tile.

I'd like to do a tile course & wondered if you guys have any recommendations?
My other half is a plumber so I want to be able to help him out, grow & expand.

I'm going to tile our ensuite & see how i get on. He can tile but he doesnt get time & I'm at home with the baby anyway.. makes sense.

Cheers
Lisa

G

GoneGuy

Morning.

I'm going to tile our ensuite & see how i get on. He can tile but he doesnt get time & I'm at home with the baby anyway.. makes sense.

Cheers
Lisa
Have a look at the forum sponsor Uk pro tile

DS_96

-
Reaction score
Morning.

Cheers
Lisa
Hi Lisa I’ve just completed a 6 weeks city & guilds tile course at Able Skills in Dartford. I would highly recommend them, as they do 5 day intro courses all the way up to 8 week NVQ’s. Weekend courses also available like I did.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up. Warrington, I think either Able Skills or UK Pro tile Training are going to be a mission for you unless you stop over.

Check @DS_96 registering and instantly posting a reply to the course thread. Wonder how they got to this that quick with their advice?! ;) ;)

Both mentioned are good courses, we've had a lot of good feedback about both. Both have been around ages.

UK Pro tile Training currently sponsor us, and have done for years, Able Skills used to, just so the commercial connection is out there and I'm being open and honest. :)

When you support a forum sponsor, you support the forum too. And keep it free-to-use for others.

Construction Skills College (college by name not a government-type-college) Ltd in Stoke on Trent is another one that is much closer to you than the other two mentioned. David Hare is the guy to speak to, ask for him, and say Dan from the forums sent you (I live in Stoke so pop in from time to time).

I'd also check your local actual colleges. If you can find a course that way, it can sometimes be cheaper. Although your course costs can be offset against your tax bill. So bear that in mind.

If I were in your shoes I'd go visit a couple of training centres, speak to the people actually on the courses while they're on their lunch etc.

Assuming you want to do this long-term, you'd either be looking to get some good skills behind you and then practice a lot. Or go via the NVQ route, but you'll still need to gain experience. Perhaps your hubby has a tiler he uses every now and again already and you can latch onto some of his jobs? - Make sure he's actually a good tiler though first by way of checking qualifications etc - else you'll just learn how to do it wrong the same as him, if that is the case of course.

And also, stick around on the forum. The lads and ladies on here are pretty damn good. Between them, they tile the country (and beyond) every day. We have some really clued up people on here and if you were to make a start on your own tile and keep checking in on here as to what to do next, you'd get a lot of good advice with regards to tile just that one room. But don't think that means the next one will be using the same https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ etc. There's so much you can tile to these days it's always worth checking on here before getting a tile out and mixing https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ etc. :)

Good luck.

p.s - we have www.PlumbersForums.net too if your fella has any free time ;) I assume not with a new baby though!

DS_96

-
Reaction score
Check @DS_96 registering and instantly posting a reply to the course thread. Wonder how they got to this that quick with their advice?! ;) ;)

What’s this about then? I registered to leave a helpful comment and hopefully get some useful advice through the forums?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

What’s this about then? I registered to leave a helpful comment and hopefully get some useful advice through the forums?
What so you searched the forum for somebody looking for a course before actually registering?

Or registered, and instantly thought hmmm there is a thread I can plug able skills in. Lol

We've been online a while mate we see through bait posts.

DS_96

-
Reaction score
What so you searched the forum for somebody looking for a course before actually registering?

Or registered, and instantly thought hmmm there is a thread I can plug able skills in. Lol

Mate wtf? I’m 23 years old currently a commercial diver, I’m trying to start a new career as tiler and have just completed my city and guilds at Able Skills. I finished my night shift and was scrolling through to look at different threads. I saw this one and wanted to pass on the good experience I had at able skills why is that so hard to believe? I had to register to leave a comment so oh funnily enough I did and left a comment. Is it so hard to believe someone is just trying to be a nice fella?

Last edited:
OP
LisaB

LisaB

-
Reaction score
Hi Lisa I’ve just completed a 6 weeks city & guilds tile course at Able Skills in Dartford. I would highly recommend them, as they do 5 day intro courses all the way up to 8 week NVQ’s. Weekend courses also available like I did.
Thanks I'll look into it
[automerge]1573220015[/automerge]

Thanks

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up. Warrington, I think either Able Skills or UK Pro tile Training are going to be a mission for you unless you stop over.

Both mentioned are good courses, we've had a lot of good feedback about both. Both have been around ages.

UK Pro tile Training currently sponsor us, and have done for years, Able Skills used to, just so the commercial connection is out there and I'm being open and honest. :)

When you support a forum sponsor, you support the forum too. And keep it free-to-use for others.

Construction Skills College (college by name not a government-type-college) Ltd in Stoke on Trent is another one that is much closer to you than the other two mentioned. David Hare is the guy to speak to, ask for him, and say Dan from the forums sent you (I live in Stoke so pop in from time to time).

I'd also check your local actual colleges. If you can find a course that way, it can sometimes be cheaper. Although your course costs can be offset against your tax bill. So bear that in mind.

If I were in your shoes I'd go visit a couple of training centres, speak to the people actually on the courses while they're on their lunch etc.

Assuming you want to do this long-term, you'd either be looking to get some good skills behind you and then practice a lot. Or go via the NVQ route, but you'll still need to gain experience. Perhaps your hubby has a tiler he uses every now and again already and you can latch onto some of his jobs? - Make sure he's actually a good tiler though first by way of checking qualifications etc - else you'll just learn how to do it wrong the same as him, if that is the case of course.

And also, stick around on the forum. The lads and ladies on here are pretty damn good. Between them, they tile the country (and beyond) every day. We have some really clued up people on here and if you were to make a start on your own tile and keep checking in on here as to what to do next, you'd get a lot of good advice with regards to tile just that one room. But don't think that means the next one will be using the same https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ etc. There's so much you can tile to these days it's always worth checking on here before getting a tile out and mixing https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ etc. :)

Good luck.

p.s - we have www.PlumbersForums.net too if your fella has any free time ;) I assume not with a new baby though!

Awesome thanks for the feedback, yeah I'll let him know about it. Baby is 18 months now, bit more free time when he sleeps 🤣

Last edited:
T

Time's Ran Out

I’d save the thousands and put it in the babies savings account - you have to have the time to treat this job as a professional tradesperson. Too many DIYers think this is easy and take customers money without morals leaving bad workmanship. Working with your spouse will never work - unless you feel the need to check up on him.

Cheza

-
Reaction score
Hi Lisa me and my husband work together we’re both qualified plumber and gas engineers but I dropped gas work to start tilling I enjoy tilling more than gas work. It works well especially with having children so one can leave early to go pick kids up from school etc.
We don’t work everyday together and I wont lie we do have our moments where one of us have to go sit in the van for a ten minutes haha.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a decent tiling course in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock