Discuss Can anyone help me find bumpy white 396 x 297 x 7mm tiles? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dusty

TF
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a little stuck as to the best way forward on a job I have been asked to do. I have been asked to tile above the existing tiles to the shower area of a bath. I thought it would be simple to find bumpy white tiles 396 x 297 x 7mm, but I cannot find anything like them. I've thought of smaller ones but think they'd look weird. The larger ones I find seem to be 600mm and my cutter is 540 max I think. I'm not great with my grinder yet so wouldn't want to risk it. The area to tile is 830 high, and 740 / 840 wide. Could anyone please advise what they would do?
Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks
Dusty

IMG_2121[1].JPG

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Topps do a 300 x 500 plain white which will probably turn out to be 298...
As long as you can match the width near as dam it the height doesn't really matter and the boarder and white grout should hide any discrepancies.
It's a case of making do with what is available or stripping it all off and starting again...

Dusty

TF
Reaction score
Topps do a 300 x 500 plain white which will probably turn out to be 298...
As long as you can match the width near as dam it the height doesn't really matter and the boarder and white grout should hide any discrepancies.
It's a case of making do with what is available or stripping it all off and starting again...

Thanks very much for this Andy, I missed those! Sounds like they’ll do nicely :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a little stuck as to the best way forward on a job I have been asked to do. I have been asked to tile above the existing tiles to the shower area of a bath. I thought it would be simple to find bumpy white tiles 396 x 297 x 7mm, but I cannot find anything like them. I've thought of smaller ones but think they'd look weird. The larger ones I find seem to be 600mm and my cutter is 540 max I think. I'm not great with my grinder yet so wouldn't want to risk it. The area to tile is 830 high, and 740 / 840 wide. Could anyone please advise what they would do?
Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks
Dusty

View attachment 109780
If you're not a confident tiler pass the job on.

Orrrr get advice on here before doing it as you have attempted to do. We are happy to help out. I have changed your thread title to something more helpful so members know what the problem is.

Dusty

TF
Reaction score
If you're not a confident tiler pass the job on.

Orrrr get advice on here before doing it as you have attempted to do. We are happy to help out. I have changed your thread title to something more helpful so members know what the problem is.

I am confident in splashbacks and this sort of thing. Sorry if my title was rubbish, maybe I should have taken longer with it. Andy seemed to get what I was asking though

Dusty

TF
Reaction score
Dan. Just one more thing. I don’t understand why your comment on my post on here differs from what came into my email inbox? I must say I found that a bit rude and it puts me off asking another question on here. Especially after Andy had already answered my question. Were you having a bad day or something

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Bit sharp. Apologies. The wife changed it and said I was mean. 😚

Had a lot of shyte on of one our other forums is all.

Glad you got your problem sorted that's the main thing.

Reply to Can anyone help me find bumpy white 396 x 297 x 7mm tiles? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks