Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Can anyone confirm if this process is correct? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

Just wondering if this is correct process for UFH installation ? Not me doing it , just want to check method is correct.

Sub is 80% Concrete 20% covered in minimal layer of latex based slc.

The plan is to

1) Prime sub

2) apply spf and lay 6mm thermal boards staggered.

3) lay out matting and test, then stick down using self https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ backing.

4) Cover in weber floor flex. been reccommended 10mm covering off weber technical

5) prime

6) weber set plus rapid https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to fix.

This sound ok?

Thanks.

OP
T

TMTservices

Thats what I thought when he told me on blower. Over sell perhaps! lol! It equates to 34 bags of the stuff. Ive told client to just get 18, Im thinking should be ample.

Can I just ask dave, a query the customer has is the slc affecting the performance of the matting. Does this reduce the heat that comes to surface in a negative way?

Thanks.

OP
R

Rich

How many bags do they want you to buy!? :lol:

I haven't used Weber for a long time, do they recommend priming their SLC?

OP
D

DHTiling

Thats what I thought when he told me on blower. Over sell perhaps! lol! It equates to 34 bags of the stuff. Ive told client to just get 18, Im thinking should be ample.

Can I just ask dave, a query the customer has is the slc affecting the performance of the matting. Does this reduce the heat that comes to surface in a negative way?

Thanks.

No.. it will help infact... Weber flex is a great SLC but just enough to embed cables is fine.. around 5mm..

OP
T

TMTservices

Another question regarding this if you dont mind.

the customer has previously bought soft insulation roll to put under ufh ( was going to lay laminate ) and not the rigid stuff like ekoboard found on uheat, which I have always seen being used. The technical guys at the manufacturers of the ufh said that the soft insulation roll is adequate if fixed with spf and then covered with slc which I intended on anyway. Is this correct? Ive always associated the harder boards, whatever the brand, with prep for UFH?

OP
T

TMTservices

My thought exactly. Even when Im looking on the manufacturers guidance online, nothing is stated regarding tile on top of this. Only stated tile on the hard insulation boards. Yet they have told client that they have asked the tilers they use aand they sayin yes go ahead. I really have doubts though. Just goes against everything I have ever seen regarding ufh matting. I know I havent experienced all aspects of ufh yet, so was still unsure of wether this was just some product I have never come across yet.

Confused a little to say the least.

OP
U

Uheat - Keith

We always say 5mm to 6mm SLC.
Ekoboards for concrete bases when tile on top.
Construction boards when installing onto ply - chipboard etc.
Compressive strenght of both is approx 300kPa ( 20 stone man on 1 square metre )
We have a third Insulation Board that we use with our Elektra WoodTec system for laminate floor finishes, which is a insulating underlay and is different to the others.

Reply to Can anyone confirm if this process is correct? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock