Discuss Can a pipe be boxed in after tiling? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,
I was left with a half finished bathroom and have had to finish the job myself. The tiling all around the bath was done and the soil pipe in the corner left exposed. There is no room either side of the pipe. How can I box it in over the tiles? I've tried glueing wood on each side of the pipe (glueing onto tiles), however one of the walls isn't straight and it won't take. My hope was to do this and find a lightweight PVC L shaped piece to put over it and secure with L shaped tape. I can't find L shaped PVC box that's big enough and the wood/glue situation won't be strong enough to take a wooden pipe box. Am I completely doomed or is there a solution?

Reaction score
:)
Hi, a picture would be good.
Hi :)
On the right you can see the side where the wood has stuck. The left no such luck. Theres nothing behind the pipe but brick and not even enough plaster board in the tiny gaps either side.

Attachments

• 20211128_194346.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 19

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Can you not screw some timber through the tiles into the wall?

You can then face it with timber, plasterboard or tiling board etc. If you do the either of the last two it can then be tiled.

Reply to Can a pipe be boxed in after tiling? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks