Discuss Calacatta Grey Wall And Floor Tile in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

NickyP

Hi. I'm looking for one or even two boxes of calacatta grey wall and floor tiles in the original matt finish. Wickes have discontinued them and the new version are gloss. Theyare 40 x 30cm. Product code W206956W. Thanks

T

Tile Shop

Actually, no need for the picture.... Its a renamed version of the Johnsons Solar Carrara SLAR2A. Pattern was slightly modified for Wickes to make it a tad less bold. (spoke to Johnsons and thats what they told me)

Problem is though the SLAR2A is also discontinued in 40x30, but is available in 60x30 if that would be of any help?

How many are you needing?

FeaturedImage1solar1332843833.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NickyP

A couple of boxes would be good. It doesn't matter that they are bigger as they have to be cut to go around the window. Do you have any or do you know where I can get them?

T

Tile Shop

If you want to get them locally (or as close to locally as I could find), you could try A & C Dunkley (Boscombe). If they don't have them they maybe able to get them.

Failing that, there are a couple of companies online you could order from. Tile Mountain and Walls And Floors to name but a couple, but order a sample first, to make sure it will be suitable. Like I said the Wickes version may vary in shade to the current stockists so better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NickyP

Just realised I didn't thank you for your help! Managed to get hold of the manufacturers and they sent some to us. As you said they are a slightly different colour, but it doesn't notice as they are in the window bit. Thanks again

Reply to Calacatta Grey Wall And Floor Tile in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks