Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cable raised up through self levelling compound in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say this forum has a lot of useful content, I’ve found it extremely helpful over the past few weeks as a diy tiler.

I’ve installed an electric ufh mat and put down a suitable self levelling compound. The compound is pretty much dry and I’ve noticed in some areas the cable has little coverage although it’s not completely exposed.

The floor is going to be tiled ensuring there is a full bed of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

Shall I put another layer of slc on to ensure the cables are completed embedded or will it be ok with going over the top with the tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/?

Tia

T

Time's Ran Out

Wire the cold tails to a continuity tester to make sure you don’t catch a wire.

Reaction score
Just go easy with the trowel as previous ly mentioned, also make sure all the joint where the supply cable meets the hot wire is in the floor covered with adeshive etc.

P

Perfect Tiling

As above mate....if you want to be extra careful pop to your local B & Q and buy a plastic notched float so you won't cut the wire where its raised up. I don't use a SLC if the floors pretty level......just tile straight down with a larger float and I back butter the tiles. Also, you can but alarm boxes which you wire up to the UFH power lead so if you damage a wire the alarm will go off.....great bit of kit and only a few pounds.

Reply to Cable raised up through self levelling compound in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock