Discuss CaberFloor in the Ask For Help With TilersForums.com area at TilersForums.com

What member type are you?
Contractor
Hi all.
I need to tile directly to green CaberFloor. There is no room for The thickness of any additional board, or a membrane system. Does anyone know of any product I can use to just prime the surface of the CaberFloor to accept the flexi adhesive?
I am conscious of the adhesive not taking to the surface of the board. I can key the surface, but was hoping someone would know of a suitable primer for the job.
Thanks in advance.

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Contractor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply Albert.
Looks like it's for improving the bond on concrete or solid floors, maybe existing tiles, poss not for timber?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
18,372 184
is it a floating floor ???

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,592 20
If I had to, gun to my head, no other option but to tile direct to chipboard, the only adhesive I would use is Tilemaster Ultimate.

Contractor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your replies.
I don't have any other option Boggs, or I wouldn't be doing it!
Yes, it's a floating floor Andy!
I didn't realise it was a floating floor until I took the old flooring up. Or that it was directly onto chipboard.
I've had to replace damaged area with like for like to match flooring levels.
I've explained to the customer all the reasons why not to tile, and have been trying to sell them the virtues of a vinyl floor, but to no avail. They know best, eh!
So I think I'll be using the Mapei primer Albert recommended, with Bal Fastflex rubbery stuff for adhesive. I reckon that's about as much as I can do to try and combat the movement.
Wish me luck! 🙈

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
18,372 184
if it's a floating floor I wouldn't touch it, you will be in for a whole world of hassle in the months that follow job...

Reply to CaberFloor in the Ask For Help With TilersForums.com area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M UK Tiling Forum | Pro Tiling Advice 5

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.