Discuss Bullnose first? First time tile job, uneven wall... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

jmberg

-
Reaction score
Hello! First time tiling a bath. My issue is that the shower wall is about .5" (1.5cm) narrower at the top than at the tub edge over a span of about 7 feet (208cm). Should I begin tiling with the 2x6 inch bullnose edge and then trim the tiles on the inside corner edge? I'm just having a tough time imagining level tiles and grout lines throughout with this less-than-plumb outside edge.

I will be adding 1/4 inch beadboard panel on that exposed wood face with the bullnose covering the beadboard rough edge. Tiles are 4x12 subway, and plan for 1/8 inch grout lines. Thanks to anyone who can help me map out a best approach!

IMG_20200510_095016.jpg

Reply to Bullnose first? First time tile job, uneven wall... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks