Discuss Building out 10mm to Plumb in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,
Retiling a corner shower (brick wall). Have removed tiles and one of the walls is about 10mm out of plumb on bottom half of wall.
What would anyone recommend to build this out to make wall plumb before tiling?
Thanks

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
Difficult to advise for sure without pics.
Can you dot and dab a new board on the wall or is there insufficient space to the shower tray edge?
You could maybe use a 9mm tile backer board to help build the wall out 🤷🏼‍♂️
Pics will deffo assist to provide the best advice.

Reaction score
Pics won't upload for some reason, sizes too large. Could I use a sand/cement render to level it out or is there something quicker to set? Can you use quick set adhesive to build out a bit or bonding coat?

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Pics won't upload for some reason, sizes too large. Could I use a sand/cement render to level it out or is there something quicker to set? Can you use quick set adhesive to build out a bit or bonding coat?
You shouldn't tile directly to bonding mate. Pics would be good as well as knowing the reason why it is being retiled?

Reply to Building out 10mm to Plumb in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks