Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bubbling and Pitting Porcelain Tiles? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
We’ve just moved overseas and bought a house that needed a thorough House Renovation. We’ve been working on it for 5 months and we have been living in short term rentals since November. We had purchased 60 x 60 porcelain tiles to be laid throughout the house. We have laid all but one room (Master Bedroom) at this point but upon cleaning of the floor preparing for us to move in with a diluted water and white vinegar solution it exposed there are bubbles on the surface of some of the tiles and a pitting/crater occurring around these bubbles. I have contacted the local tile shop who sold them to us and they’ve contacted the manufacturer who has said the tiles were not baked correctly at time of manufacture so they are faulty. At this point we have laid approx 2000 sq ft + skirtings of this tile. They have offered to replace the tile and pay for it to be laid but this means further disruption for at least a month if not much longer as we had moved furniture into house ready to live in the property. OR they have offered to send someone to lift the individual faulty tiles and then provide a 2 year warranty on the floor. The tile shop does not have a huge variety, so I know they do not have anything in stock right now that I would particularly want so I would either have to order in or wait for new stock if to change. I asked for a refund, and they have said they are not willing to give me one. I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or any advise they can offer. This is causing me huge amounts of anxiety as I really just want to sleep in my own bed. I look forward to hearing any advise you can offer.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
We’ve just moved overseas and bought a house that needed a thorough House Renovation. We’ve been working on it for 5 months and we have been living in short term rentals since November. We had purchased 60 x 60 porcelain tiles to be laid throughout the house. We have laid all but one room (Master Bedroom) at this point but upon cleaning of the floor preparing for us to move in with a diluted water and white vinegar solution it exposed there are bubbles on the surface of some of the tiles and a pitting/crater occurring around these bubbles. I have contacted the local tile shop who sold them to us and they’ve contacted the manufacturer who has said the tiles were not baked correctly at time of manufacture so they are faulty. At this point we have laid approx 2000 sq ft + skirtings of this tile. They have offered to replace the tile and pay for it to be laid but this means further disruption for at least a month if not much longer as we had moved furniture into house ready to live in the property. OR they have offered to send someone to lift the individual faulty tiles and then provide a 2 year warranty on the floor. The tile shop does not have a huge variety, so I know they do not have anything in stock right now that I would particularly want so I would either have to order in or wait for new stock if to change. I asked for a refund, and they have said they are not willing to give me one. I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or any advise they can offer. This is causing me huge amounts of anxiety as I really just want to sleep in my own bed. I look forward to hearing any advise you can offer.
Honestly you have gone to them and they have offered to fix the problem , I don't know what else you expected , I think you are very lucky they have been so honest and willing to rectify !! If it was a car you bought , you would expect them to fix the problem , unfortunately I think if after you choosing a tile , a problem arised, you have complained and they are willing to fix problem !!!! Let them try

Reply to Bubbling and Pitting Porcelain Tiles? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock