Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Tile Shop

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Some rumours floating about today, that BCT have gone into administration. We've got some people looking into it, trying to find out more, but if anyone else hears anything about this, please share.

OP
D

Dumbo

Mike Ashley will probably buy them and then cut some corners. Not that there are any to cut

OP
D

Dumbo

Just read on another site. Finished trading with immediate effect . Administrators are now winding it down . Don't think this bloke much about them though .

British Ceramic Tile Limited is a leading player in the manufacturer of ceramic tiles, with a longstanding heritage in the local communities in which it operates and a stellar reputation for its quality products," said Andrew Sheridan.

OP
T

Tile Shop

We've had customers calling in saying they were trying to order from BCT and were told to ring us. We've tried getting hold of their sales, customer service, specifications team, account managers and can't get through to anyone.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

That’s the annoying issue.
The worker pays for the appalling management.
No doubt the directors have taken their bonuses, inflated salaries and communication skills and got fixed up already.
Now we’ll see the ‘brand’ names (Laura Ashley and others) who put their name behind the poor quality product writing down losses and it’ll have a knock on effect.
The discontinued section of the forum will start to be busier!

OP
W

Waluigi

Sad really as they were ‘The’ tile manufacturer in Britain. Part of me hoped they would eventually invest in themselves and start producing quality tiles.

Being truthful though, it’s very difficult to compete against other countries in the manufacturing sector so they were always going to struggle.

The problem is that Britain need to start manufacturing again, so this is a knock back really. All those job losses are never a good thing.

OP
O

One Day

The only corners they could cut would mean they'd have to produce only circular tiles.
Not at all surprised by this.

OP
B

Bill

I feel sorry for the job losses but I have no sympathy for their business.

Should have listened to the workforce that have to fit them.

I bet the client that closed the order was fed up of the comebacks.

OP
T

Tile Shop

Yep. They owed one of our customers £3600 in compensation, since just before Xmas (another Mr Jones Charcoal problem). The customer chased asking when he was getting it. Yesterday they replied saying it was with their finance director still and they'd chase it up..... guess they're not paying it now and it'll fall to us to foot the bill.

OP
Q

Qwerty

I have to say I'm not at all surprised by this news. They really let themselves down with customer service and that is one thing which can make a break a business in the long term.

Reply to British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock