Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Oh s**t!!

I wondered why my delivery didn’t turn up today.

That’s screwed me right up.

OP
B

Bill

Tile giant... wickes.... b & poo........ laura ashley could be cheeseclothed off with their name being associated with poor quality..... could be quite a few clients and customers.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Possibly Bathstore

OP
D

Dumbo

I have to say I'm not at all surprised by this news. They really let themselves down with customer service and that is one thing which can make a break a business in the long term.
To be honest if their product was a lot better they could of got away with rubbish customer service because it wouldn't of been needed .

OP
I

Italy

many years ago I often passed from the ceramic production areas in Italy, I remember that every 100 meters of street there was a company that produced tiles. 5 years ago I went back to the same area and I felt like crying .... :(
empty and abandoned sheds, now they are left alone
145 manufacturing companies and 20000 employed workers,
but I think that 15/20 years ago they were more than double.
many companies have joined together,
some workers bought the same from bankruptcy
companies where they worked and continued production.
unfortunately this is the situation.

OP
B

Bill

many years ago I often passed from the ceramic production areas in Italy, I remember that every 100 meters of street there was a company that produced tiles. 5 years ago I went back to the same area and I felt like crying .... :(
empty and abandoned sheds, now they are left alone
145 manufacturing companies and 20000 employed workers,
but I think that 15/20 years ago they were more than double.
many companies have joined together,
some workers bought the same from bankruptcy
companies where they worked and continued production.
unfortunately this is the situation.
Didn't everyone who lived in Carrera claim to have a quarry Antonio?.... all my Italian tile mates used to say that.

OP
I

Italy

Didn't everyone who lived in Carrera claim to have a quarry Antonio?.... all my Italian tile mates used to say that.
tom,CARRERA they are jeans pants :)
CARRARA it's marble,
now they send the blocks of marble in china for the cut
and polishing .... :(
in Italy they remove from the quarry and that's it.
the answer was: in Italy, carrara marble does not come
almost more used, China is closer to the countries where they use
the carrara marble is very much and of course the processing is
cheaper. :(

OP
O

On one

A local tile shop I was at this morning(A big BCT customer) had all of the display boards outside strapped up on pallets........they're not very hopeful of BCT coming out of administration then.

OP
D

Deleted member 51972

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one box of BCT accolade grey matt tiles? Thanks

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one box of BCT accolade grey matt tiles? Thanks

I have just checked through the remaining stock list and it’s not listed on there unfortunately.

Best bet would be to phone BCT and ask who bought them last and then get in contact with them.
You might be lucky as it’s only one box you need.

Reply to British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock