Discuss Bridge tile cutter for large 16mm porcelain tiles in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a bridge tile saw that can handle a 1200mm 16mm thick porcelain paving tile?

Ideally I want to hire one, or buy used, as it's for one job, but we have 150sq m of tiles to lay...

C

Concrete guy

If you're a landscaper or doing outdoor work a more appropriate bit of kit for this is the FLEX CS60 WET. Google it.

The main advantage being that it's not size limited. We used to use these to cut up 3200mm x 1800mm granite slab with two rails joined together.

Reaction score
If you're a landscaper or doing outdoor work a more appropriate bit of kit for this is the FLEX CS60 WET. Google it.

The main advantage being that it's not size limited. We used to use these to cut up 3200mm x 1800mm granite slab with two rails joined together.

Hadn't considered one of those... Will it cut dead straight and leave zero chips on the edge?

With the porcelain only having the texture pattern on the surface, I can't have any chipping at all. Not a problem with stone of course!

Is there a reason why you might choose a brige type cutter over one of these?

U

Unused Account 1

Ive used a angle grinder ,i clamp the two points to be cut with timber or if u got a metal straight edge,clamp on the lines then angle grind ,

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Get a 1200 sigma, they cut up to 20mm , and a grinder with a good blade, a lot less mess than a bridge saw

Reply to Bridge tile cutter for large 16mm porcelain tiles in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks