Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bridge saw v traditional wet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello all

What are the benefits of a bridge saw over a “normal” push though electric cutter. ?

Are the cuts better for all tile types. I mainly use a grinder and the rubi nd 200.

What would the advantage of a bridge saw over these. Are the cuts better on ceramic and porcelain tiles?

S

Spare Tool

Imo, big things to cart around and set up so unless your doing metres and metres of stone jobs I'd stick with the grinder and wetsaw...
Looked into getting one last year for a big limestone floor and came to the conclusion it would just end up gathering dust in the shed after that so ended up with a Rubi Tc180 which is more compact and cuts as well as a bridge saw with water feed attachment..

B

Bill

I have a 1200 bridge saw and it is invaluable on big stone jobs. Any stone over 15mm thick it is a doddle to use. All cuts are perfect and no chipping. Yes, it can get messy with the water spray but if you are outside or in a designated indoor cutting space then it is no bother with cleaning up.

Setting up a raked cut is fast and efficient. The ability to plunge cut is also a bonus.

I don't think a dewalt 2400 can cut a 1200 tile in half

O

One Day

I sold my 1200 montolit bridge saw years ago, sold my dewalt recently too. Just didn't use them enough.
I manage perfectly with good grinders, good blades and a Raimondi gs86 if I absolutely must wet cut.

B

Bill

I've cut 1200 planks in my d24000. This video also shows you a way to deal with bigger tiles but i've yet to try it. Skip to 3:42
That video doesn't show a 1200 square tile being cut in half. That is the limitation of the tool and others like it.

Reaction score
I use a Battipav plus 1300, massive, heavy, expensive, takes ages to clean, ditto set up properly, but it works well. It is only a matter of time before dry angle grinder cutting is banned from site work. Dust control is already very problematic.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That video doesn't show a 1200 square tile being cut in half. That is the limitation of the tool and others like it.

True Tom, i hadn't actually thought of larger square tiles, only thought back to what i had used it which were thinner plank style tiles. Doh!

Reply to Bridge saw v traditional wet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock