Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Brick Slip Cladding - Can they be painted? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello fellow tilers,

I have a property that has a brick slip cladding by Wetherby - 7mm & 9mm Brick Slips - Wetherby Building Systems Ltd - https://www.wbs-ltd.co.uk/systems-solutions/system-finishes/7mm-9mm-brick-slips/ - in Teracotta Smooth on the outside of the property.

Does anyone know if these slips can be painted?

If they can, I'd be grateful for any advice on what paint I should use to do this please? I think its Primer followed by a mineral paint but I'd rather ask and be sure.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hiya and welcome to TilersForums.

The best people to ask in this case would be Wetherby
This is more of a brick-question than tile. We don't like tiles being painted over :p :p :p

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

My guess, and it's only a guess, is if you prime them with acrylic primer then paint them with paint that's of exterior grade (and really good quality) then they will stay painted and last.
My only worry is if the cement that is water resistant (so allows water to pass through, and dry off) rather than waterproof (doesn't allow water to pass through) then gets painted and becomes water tight.... is something like insulation or some cladding or something else then not drying out with wind and whatnot as it was originally meant to, perhaps to stop damp occurring on the inside.

Good luck matey and let us know how it gets on. Remember us if you ever need tiling advice, plumbing advice (on our plumbing forum) or electrical advice (on our electrical forum). :)

Reply to Brick Slip Cladding - Can they be painted? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock