Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Brick slip advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi there,
I've been getting quite a few requests for brickslips and I think I'd like to take them on but would like to get some idea of how long they take to put up and point. Does anyone here do them regularly and have a metre-per-day rate that they go on when quoting?
Also I'd appreciate advice on adhesives to use and perhaps whether ready-mix mortar is any good for application with a gun? Cheers

Reaction score
They should go as steady as tiles putting them on. Can get away with a little bit of variation with the 10mm mortar joint. I had a bricky point mine, but if I had to do it would look at using a mortar gun. Could use a ready made mortar to keep the colour consistent or mix up a slightly weaker mix 5:1 as it's only filling the joints. I'd dampen the blocks and try to be as clean as possible and get any excess mortar off whilst still green. Couldn't comment on costs. Try to do on a day rate, it's the pointing that takes time. Good luck
[automerge]1590266236[/automerge]
..as for https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ a decent S1 standard set would be fine in grey. Give the backs of the brick slips a wipe with a damp sponge before sticking as dusty and porous. Cheers

OP
P
Reaction score
They should go as steady as tiles putting them on. Can get away with a little bit of variation with the 10mm mortar joint. I had a bricky point mine, but if I had to do it would look at using a mortar gun. Could use a ready made mortar to keep the colour consistent or mix up a slightly weaker mix 5:1 as it's only filling the joints. I'd dampen the blocks and try to be as clean as possible and get any excess mortar off whilst still green. Couldn't comment on costs. Try to do on a day rate, it's the pointing that takes time. Good luck
..as for https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ a decent S1 standard set would be fine in grey. Give the backs of the brick slips a wipe with a damp sponge before sticking as dusty and porous. Cheers
Thanks for the clear advice JK tile. It's kind of what I'd thought :thumbsup:

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the clear advice JK tile. It's kind of what I'd thought :thumbsup:
Aother
Can I ask another couple of questions please? Firstly I assume that any paint on the walls would need to be removed? Also can you recommend a brand of ready mixed mortar? I'm wading through tons of crap on Google, some of which seems unnecessarily expensive!

Reaction score
I'd try to remove as much paint as possible, try blue circle should be able to get from wickes, B&Q.. etc cheers
[automerge]1590672149[/automerge]
Screwfix do a clementone bostik general purpose mortar good reviews only ÂŁ5 for 5kg đź‘Ť

Reply to Brick slip advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock