Discuss Brick bond and lipping in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Smarts

-
Reaction score
Good morning
I’m tiling a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it want to be done 50 % brick bond but I’m slightly concerned because holding the tiles back to back there is a couple of mm bow in the tiles, I’ve not used a levelling system before but happy to use one, in your guys experience would a levelling system compensate out the bowing or would I be better using a different pattern
thanks

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
When laying brickbond your substrate has to be very good to start.levelling clips will deffo help but aren't the magic cure.again it depends on substrate and tile.if the edges of the tile are rectified this will show lippage more.why not try starting a few rows to see,if not either go a third bond or landscape-portrait

Reply to Brick bond and lipping in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks