Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Brick bond and levellers in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Smarts

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good morning
I’m tile a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it wants to be done 50 % brick bond but I’m slightly concerned because holding the tiles back to back there is a couple of mm bow in the tiles, I’ve not used a levelling system before but happy to use one, in your guys experience would a levelling system compensate out the bowing or would I be better using a different pattern, the wall in the bathroom are all new built so pretty good and flat
thanks

Reaction score
Hey Smarts
The levellers won't take out the bowing of the tile. Personally it would better to do 1/3 brick bond rather than 50%. For sure use the levellers as they will help

Reaction score
For larger format tiles most suppliers recommend not to do half bond. Any new job Im on and the tile is 600mm the first thing I check is straightness. And a grid pattern is the modern way to go anyway. Looks clean and modern. Brick bonded tiles are outdated.

Reaction score
For larger format tiles most suppliers recommend not to do half bond. Any new job Im on and the tile is 600mm the first thing I check is straightness. And a grid pattern is the modern way to go anyway. Looks clean and modern. Brick bonded tiles are outdated.
Hi guys new here, I’m doing my bathroom with 600 x 300 porcelain tiles. I see from the boxes of tiles they say 1/3 brick bond. Just wondering Etherglide when you say grid pattern are you just saying keep all the vertical & horizontal grout lines the same as you would do for small square tiles?

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
The modern way is straight joints ?? Is that not how all old tiles were mostly done ? Every tile is different and so is the customers ! Anyway when are the tile manufacturers going to start making tiles flat ?? It can be done , there are manufacturers that do it ! And etherglide a grid pattern is really a way to put down bent tiles , the easiest way for you !!

Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
The modern way is straight joints ?? Is that not how all old tiles were mostly done ? Every tile is different and so is the customers ! Anyway when are the tile manufacturers going to start making tiles flat ?? It can be done , there are manufacturers that do it ! And etherglide a grid pattern is really a way to put down bent tiles , the easiest way for you !!
Ive only just got this Kevbos because Ive been on a three week honeymoon. Id like to address your points but Im afraid I can't. Because you've already answered them. You're right of course, every tile is different and so is the customer. Enough said. And thank you.

Reply to Brick bond and levellers in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock