Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Brexit and your business in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
We don't want to discuss what you voted for and who likes who the best - but for discussing how your think your business could be affected by Brexit then use this thread.

So

How do you think your business will be affected by Brexit? Would it be better to leave or stay? Has your business already been affected?

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
As a distributor we have found all our imported products (mostly tiles) have increased in cost by 20% due to the devaluation of the pound over the last 3 years. It is hard to pass this type of cost on so our margins are under pressure. At some point tile ancillaries such as de-coupling membranes, tools etc. will also go up in price by the same amount. UK made products will also go up as a proportion of the materials are imported (https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ polymers, some aggregates etc.). We are uncertain how a hard Brexit will affect our ability to get materials through customs so supply delays could occur. There could also be import tariffs after Brexit. Tiles for instance could have a 5% tariff added which would be added to prices.
Uncertainty is also having a negative effect on demand as consumers and specifiers hold back on investment.
Hopefully business will improve after Brexit, although I think this could take a few years.
I hope I am wrong.

L

LM

A hard border over here will seriously damaged order books and turn over on top of the already stated materials price increase.
Fingers crossed.

Reply to Brexit and your business in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock