Discuss Bosch GSL2 - worlds 1st surface laser ! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Aston

Has anybody seen this laser yet??
bosch have brought out a surface laser that reads the high and low spots in floors.
heres a couple of vids form you tube with demos

the advert

[video=youtube;IbIKOUJSeOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbIKOUJSeOc[/video]

the explaination form bosch rep

[video=youtube;TbTnlMzNras]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTnlMzNras[/video]

Reaction score
i would like them to overcome the being able to see the lasers beam in daylight problem, first before all this gimmicky stuff if you listen to the eastern lady she say for INDOOR-USE and she needs to add SLIGHTLY DARK, lol, i love the look and idear of my bosh 3 but its crap most of the time,as the work-site is to bright .........

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i would like them to overcome the being able to see the lasers beam in daylight problem, first before all this gimmicky stuff if you listen to the eastern lady she say for INDOOR-USE and she needs to add SLIGHTLY DARK, lol, i love the look and idear of my bosh 3 but its crap most of the time,as the work-site is to bright .........

Trade tiler sells some glasses that supposedly enhance the beams making them easier to see in bright areas. I think they're around £10

B

bugs183

Floor lasers are fab invention, as an idea, but pretty useless in reality.
Can't beat a stainless steel straight edge.

Reaction score
i sometimes think they are a good prop for putting your customer at ease in the first few moments of starting a job ,if they can see you have invested in a bit of hight -tech ,they THINK its better than low -tech pencil/chalk lines, WE ALL KNOW DIFFERENT ,and sometimes if peeps have to much new/tech you can think ( ALL THE GEAR AND NO IDEA ) LOL

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
never used laser before.but always manage match joints in every corner of the room. spirit level is a HI-TECh tool....:thumbsup:

A

Aston

that laser would be good for floor layers or predominent floor tilers as it can gauge upto 30 ft in either direction so on the right work it would be useful and time saving.

as for floor square lasers, i have used 3..
dewalt dw060k, stanley, and the laser liner floor square that tradetiler sent me out once and they were all next to usless. the line can only be seen for a short distance because they all sit on the floor and they need to be elevated off the ground to allow the laser to travel over distance...

never tried the bosch GTL3 but that looks higher set off the ground compaired the the rest

i only use my pls180 now and thats just for setting out purposes, datum lines etc but it is useful and that can be set to a permanent cross laser that doesnt fade out once its out of level.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
that laser would be good for floor layers or predominent floor tilers as it can gauge upto 30 ft in either direction so on the right work it would be useful and time saving.

as for floor square lasers, i have used 3..
dewalt dw060k, stanley, and the laser liner floor square that tradetiler sent me out once and they were all next to usless. the line can only be seen for a short distance because they all sit on the floor and they need to be elevated off the ground to allow the laser to travel over distance...

never tried the bosch GTL3 but that looks higher set off the ground compaired the the rest

i only use my pls180 now and thats just for setting out purposes, datum lines etc but it is useful and that can be set to a permanent cross laser that doesnt fade out once its out of level.

I got the pls ft 90 ed that's ok as it sits up of the ground about 20mm and comes supplied with 2 little floor standing targets so you can constantly see the beam.

J

jonnyc

I got the pls ft 90 ed that's ok as it sits up of the ground about 20mm and comes supplied with 2 little floor standing targets so you can constantly see the beam.
ed ive also got pls 90 and its the dogs.
i have never had it recalibrated in 2 years as when i do 3.4.5 mt diag measure check every few weeks never out by even 1MM.
fantastic for plumbing up from floor to wall joints.
especially good when i mark out stairs for tread nosings.
i can see you are a tool enthusiast and i like the look of the bosch tool with vid you posted as i cant get on knees too much now with 2.5 mt straight edge and spacers now.
I think i might consider one just to show the client what extra adhesive they might be in for over and above level screed quoted for.
I found this thread because a stone fixer who works for me has just had his van and all tools nicked last night and will post a thread in few minutes about what he lost in case someone wants to sell a tool they dont think they use often.i just want to help him out if i can. its a massive blow.

A

Aston

sorry to hear that jonny. lowest of the low, thieves who steal the tools from a working man.

i do like tools that earn their keep. ;0) pls are excellent, glad you agree..

Reply to Bosch GSL2 - worlds 1st surface laser ! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks