Discuss Bosch GLL 2-50 Laser Level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Having used a geo-fennel self leveling laser level on a tripod for the last couple of years or so i decided it was time to upgrade.

after researching my options I decided to go for the new (ish) Bosch set

Bosch GLL 2-50 self leveling laser level

Bosch BT 350 telescopic mounting pole

Bosch BM1 professional wall mount unit

Bosch BS 150 tripod

This lot came in at about £300 quid

The laser level is simple to use with a strong sharp beam of near 180 degrees in both axis, it has 3 switched positions

1- off and locked for transit

2- on and locked for casting a line on a set angle in use with the tripod that has a 2 axis head

3- on and self leveling for normal use, the line flashes if the unit is out of the ability of the pendulum to level.

the line can be switched from cross line to either vertical or horizontal.

the beam can be switched to pulse for use with a reciever.

the staff has a spring loaded foot or head depending on which way you use it and 3 part telescopic action. its a heavy duty well made piece of kit and very easy to use.

the BM1 wall mount fits onto the pole clamp, the clamp can be fitted at any point on the pole floor to cieling

the BM1 incorporates a very fine adjustment feature with a lock off once set and a smooth rotaition of the laser unit

the tripod is a standard bit of kit

all in all a very good set up that i have enjoyed using these last few months, the ability to fine adjust the line with the BM1 is very usefull.

reccomended :thumbsup:

any questions you have i will try and answer

Spanish

Attachments

• travbrandwettiles1 004.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 319
  • bm1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 289
Reaction score
the laser level, pole and tripod came from a catalogue company called toolstation as my local bosch supplier couldn't beat the price. the BM1 came via a online retailer called toolstop same reason.

D

doug boardley

neither Bosch or my local supplier can tell me if it comes with the pole clamp, guess I'll have to wait till I get it to see.

D

doug boardley

it didn't come with the pole clamp, but the magnets on the BM1 are strong enough to secure it firmly to my plasterboard prop...result:)

D

Dave Ramsden

I bought the same one from the same place well over a year ago and have no faults with it at all. You can even run it off the cheapest batteries you can find and it will last months or longer! Dont tighten stuff up on the tripod too much coz the plastic gromits snap off nut!

2020Tiling

Having used a geo-fennel self leveling laser level on a tripod for the last couple of years or so i decided it was time to upgrade.

after researching my options I decided to go for the new (ish) Bosch set

Bosch GLL 2-50 self leveling laser level

Bosch BT 350 telescopic mounting pole

Bosch BM1 professional wall mount unit

Bosch BS 150 tripod

This lot came in at about £300 quid

The laser level is simple to use with a strong sharp beam of near 180 degrees in both axis, it has 3 switched positions

1- off and locked for transit

2- on and locked for casting a line on a set angle in use with the tripod that has a 2 axis head

3- on and self leveling for normal use, the line flashes if the unit is out of the ability of the pendulum to level.

the line can be switched from cross line to either vertical or horizontal.

the beam can be switched to pulse for use with a reciever.

the staff has a spring loaded foot or head depending on which way you use it and 3 part telescopic action. its a heavy duty well made piece of kit and very easy to use.

the BM1 wall mount fits onto the pole clamp, the clamp can be fitted at any point on the pole floor to cieling

the BM1 incorporates a very fine adjustment feature with a lock off once set and a smooth rotaition of the laser unit

the tripod is a standard bit of kit

all in all a very good set up that i have enjoyed using these last few months, the ability to fine adjust the line with the BM1 is very usefull.

reccomended :thumbsup:

any questions you have i will try and answer

Spanis

would you be selling your old laser mate ?

2020Tiling

:thumbsup: how much mate ? iam still using a spirit level and pencil :lol:.
iam from south shields but going to manchester on sun afternoon, so could go via york .

2020Tiling

nice one !! thanks !! :thumbsup: could collect it anytime sunday if thats ok with you,as iam driving to Manchester then back up to south shields the same day.

Reply to Bosch GLL 2-50 Laser Level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks