Discuss blade for cleanest cut and cut with not cracking bond in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
unfortunately after tiling the kitchen I realized I want to end the tile about 6 inches back where it currently meets a hardwood floor
for a cleaner transition line. see pics for showing the line I want to cut back, about 6 inches, my line would be the masking tape.

I would like the new tile line to end at same line plane as the wall. also the tiles are about 1/8"+ higher than the hardwood, and I want
to shim the new wood floor boards up to be flush with the tile so I can avoid a wood floor to tile threshold completely, but not sure how
feasible that is. if I do have to use something like a T molding transition strip, then I just want it to be as flat as possible.

I made 2 test cuts , one with my 7" skill saw with an average HD diamond masonry blade, avanti pro turbo diamond, and the other with a grinder 4" diamond masonary blade see pics, both blades leave a jagged edge.

my main question is has anybody found a 7" skill saw blade that cuts with a very clean, smooth edge? or some way to cut (or start a cut) an installed
tile with a very smooth edge
or some technique that I can grind/polish/sand the jagged edge to be very smooth

much cleaner I hope that my test results. that is my first choice. If I do have to use a transition strip, the smooth edge won't matter because it will be hidden under the T molding.

I also did a test cut on installed tile under the cabinets and surprisingly to me I was able to cut a slice off the tile and chip it out whole and the tile did not come loose from the vibrations while cutting it. so that part is starting to look good, but if there any suggestions for cutting the tile to minimize vibrations so the whole tile I'm cutting doesn't come loose, I would appreciate getting info on that.

blade.cut1.1.jpg

kit.new.line.tape.jpg

Reply to blade for cleanest cut and cut with not cracking bond in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks