Discuss Black vinyl tile adhesive problem! in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

judge

judge

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
362 3
evening all ! im trying to find out what primer to use to prime a kitchen floor that had vinyl tile black adhesive over it .today i keyed it with the breaker and probably managed to remove about 50 % of the adhesive.in a local builders merchants i was advised and bought (feb primer plus )which is an all purpose primer and admixture for tiles. still little concerned as it doesnt say much about what it is suitable for on the label !!! im going to go on website now to try and get info....has anybody used this product or know of a reliable primer for the job ??

S

Stewart

You could use a heat gun to remove as much of the remaining adhesive, you can then use a slurry mix of sbr and spf adhesive to coat the floor.

judge

judge

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
362 3
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
do i brush the slurry coat on then wait for it to set before tiling the floor ?? im new to the game as u can see !

O

ozboz

Hi, used a BAL product, its a self leveller that stabilises this sort of substrate, used it on several occaisions, no come back

D

DHTiling

50/50 slurry coat is the way forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge

judge

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
362 3
went to c my new buds in topps and topfix say to mix 50 /50 sbr and cement into a slurry ,brush on and wait till dry (5 hrs approx) then use the flexible topfix addy..doesnt matter how much bitumin is remaining on floor. bal wouldnt guarantee unless there was 80 % of bitumin removed first !!! thanks to everyone whoose replied

judge

judge

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
362 3
It only entered my head today bout the 50/50 sbr and cement mix ! Do i add water to the cement mix to make a paste then add 50% sbr to it or do i add dry cement powder to the sbr ???

Reply to Black vinyl tile adhesive problem! in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Floor Advice - Flooring Forum 0