Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Black Limestone Paving Nightmare!!!!! Please help!!!! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I have just laid black indian limestone in my garden. I am halfway through grouting it all but tested the jet washer on the finished bits to see how it came out. Unfortunaley the slabs don't look any different. There are sandy patches (even though i got all the excess cement off the slabs) all over the tile, and even the dust from when cutting the tiles appears to have absorbed into the slabs. The guy i bought it off supplied me with a sealer to put on after i grouted and cleaned the tiles and said everything will go black. However, after spraying water over the finished slabs, the tiles go black but all the marks still show through.

Please help!!! I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks.

OP
D

DHTiling

Try the liquid in an inconspicuous area first..

Then see how it dries... that's all i can recommend on that really but worth a try..

OP
C

Cheeseboy7

Thanks both for all your help/suggestions. Really, really appreciated. I'll report back on my results.

:thumbsup:

OP
C

Cheeseboy7

Hi,

Spoke to the guy who sold me the slabs. He said he reckoned i'd get the stains out with a heavy duty pressure washer. He said that's what he uses. I reckon my pressure washer may not be strong enough.

What do you think? shall i try this before the cleaner?

Thanks

OP
O

Olz

Ask him to lend you his, im not convinced, the products dave has suggested are the way to go in my opinion, I really hope you manage to get it sorted mate, it would be tragic if that was ruined after your hard work.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
is this the same guy who sold you the sealer ,to put on after you grouted,
sounds like he aint got a clue , take the advice dave as given you first , ok pal
and good luck:thumbsup:

OP
G

Gazzatile

Have you asked him to come and clean it for you as he gave you the wrong info save you having to do it all yourself

OP
P

PaulCollins

hi there.

i have a similar issue, although nowhere near as badly stained.
going to try the products Dave suggested (how did you get on with those btw?)

also wondered if anyone could recommend a good sealer for black limestone - there are plenty on offer but i'm sure some are much better than others.

thanks..

OP
D

doug boardley

hi there.

i have a similar issue, although nowhere near as badly stained.
going to try the products Dave suggested (how did you get on with those btw?)

also wondered if anyone could recommend a good sealer for black limestone - there are plenty on offer but i'm sure some are much better than others.

thanks..
LTP is the brand I use, check it out here
LTP Online

OP
U

Unregistered

I really wish people would post the results.... You read all the suggestions but never find out the outcome!

OP
H

Heinrich

Your going to need a ph neutral cleaner, you can get them from Amazon a stiff broom and don’t use mortar to fill the joints, use something called easy joint, it’s between £30-40 per tub, sets with water.
But all of this apart from the jointing needs to be done in a couple of weeks.
Wet the Slavs before laying them too as it helps stop muck from getting in.
But it’s just going to take a good scrub wit a PH NEUTRAL cleaner.

Reply to Black Limestone Paving Nightmare!!!!! Please help!!!! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock