The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bitumen and vinyl tiles in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

S

suej

Hi
We have a bitumen floor which we think is also acting as a damp proof membrane in our bathroom and want to tile over this with thick vinyl tiles. (We've been advised that it's safer to leave the bitumen where it is and cover it rather than try to lift it as the danger from the asbestos content would then be non existent). A previous thread on your forum recommended a screed of Portland and SBR on top of the bitumen but didn't say what the mix should be. Also wondered whether this would work for vinyl tile adhesive as well as for ceramic. Any help would be gratefully received - the more I google the problem the more confused I become!
Thanks

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
S

suej

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Bitumen and vinyl tiles in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.